Isa pa sa mga madaling pagkakitaan ng pera ngayon ang pagtitinda ng street food. Likas na mahilig sa pagakain ang pinoy, patok ang ganitong uri ng business. Subukan nyo. Ang mga sumusunod ay mga paraan sa paggawa ng sauce o sawsawan na siyang pangunahing sangkap ng ganitong business.
* 2 cups pork or chicken broth
* 1/4 cup onions, chopped
* 3 tbsp. sugar
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
* 1 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 tsp. garlic, minced
* 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
* 1 pc. star anise
1. Mix all of the above in a saucepan; let boil and simmer for 5 minutes; strain.
2. Dissolve 2-3 tbsp. cornstarch with a small amount of water and add to the broth mixture.
3. Cook till thickened.
* pineapple juice
* soy sauce mix with flour
* siling labuyo ( if you want it hot )
* garlic and onion
1. Saute garlic and onion.
2. Pour soy sauce mixture and vinegar and simmer for 2 minutes then add pineapple juice and water.
3. Add sugar and siling labuyo.
SQUIDBALL AND KIKIAM SAUCE
* 1 cup cornstarch
* 2 cups water
* 1/2 clove garlic (minced)
* 1 whole onion (minced)
* 6 tbsp soy sauce
* 3 tbsp vinegar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* cooking oil
1. Mix cornstarch with water in a bowl until it thickens
2. Saute garlic and onion in a pan with cooking oil until garlic turns golden brown
3. Pour the cornstarch and water mixture into the sauted garlic and onion
4. Add soy sauce and vinegar.
5. Do not stir until soy sauce and vinegar is cooked on a medium heat
6. Add brown sugar (quantity may depend on desired sweetness)
7. Stir occasionally
You can also add sliced chili peppers if you prefer spicy.
You can also use this sauce in Lumpiang Sariwa.
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
* 2 tbsp. cornstarch
* 1/2 c. sugar
* 1/4 c. white vinegar
* 1/4 c. pineapple juice
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
* 1/4 c. water
1. Combine ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer gently 5 minutes, remove from heat.
3. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator and serve cold.
HOT SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
* 2 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
* 1 c. cold water
* 4 tbsp. sugar
* 5 tbsp. brown sugar
* 4 tbsp. ketchup
* 1/3 c. green onions, cut in 1 inch lengths
* 1/4 tsp. red hot pepper flakes or Tabasco sauce, optional
* 1/3 c. fresh ginger, finely shredded
* 1/2 tbsp. dry sherry wine
* 2 tbsp. sesame oil
1. Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir in remaining water.
2. Stir in white sugar, brown sugar and ketchup. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a small saucepan. Add onion, pepper and ginger. Mix thoroughly and then add wine. Cook for 1 minute or until flavor from ginger becomes aromatic.
4. Add onion, pepper, ginger, wine and sesame oil. Cook until it boils, reduce heat and stir constantly. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture and cook for about 1 more minute. Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil to finish off.
5. Serve warm or cold with spring rolls. Can also be used for sweet and sour pork or shrimp dishes.